Abdominal Aorta Duplex (AAA)
- Nothing by mouth after midnight or fasting 6 to 8 hours.
- Morning medications are permitted.
- For afternoon appointments, a clear liquid breakfast is permitted.
Diabetic patients should be scheduled first.
- Real time imaging with Doppler of the abdominal aorta and surrounding area.
- Images documented in sagital, transverse and oblique planes in digital format.
Examination Time: Approximately 30 minutes.
CPT Code: 93978
If there are no solid gallstones in the gallbladder, ultrasound will travel straight through, but when there are stones, ultrasound will bounce back from them.
The denser the object the ultrasound hits, the more of it bounces back.
The bouncing back, or echo, is what gives the ultrasound image its features – varying shades of gray reflect different densities.
To help you make the best financial decision about your medical costs, Sacramento Imaging offers a cash pay price in all diagnostic ultrasound scans. The cash pay price is the price you pay in full before a medical procedure.
Note: The cash pay price does not include physician fees; they are additional.*
Paying the medical cost before the time of service can mean significant savings to you. Medical costs can vary for each individual, depending on the type of procedure you have, your insurance benefit coverage and deductible. If you have insurance coverage, and you select a cash pay price, Sacramento Imaging does not bill the insurance for these services.